Whether you call him Dad, Pops, or Old Man, every dad loves a sweet message on the third Sunday in June. But knowing what Father's Day message to share can be tricky, especially if you have multiple father figures in your life.

We've done the hard work for you and gathered the best 106 Father's Day messages to inspire you this year. Pair these Father's Day messages with a one-of-a-kind Father's Day gift (but skip the tie this year), or send them via text or in a card.

What to Write in a Father's Day Card

Everyone thinks it's hard to tell Dad what he means to them, but the secret is just to be yourself. Speak from the heart or make him laugh, but always remember to do the following in his Father's Day card:

  1. Tell him Happy Father's Day.
  2. Share what you love most about him or say thank you for something he's done for you.
  3. Share a specific memory, whether it's funny, sentimental, or embarrassing.
  4. Sign off with love.

Read on to find the perfect Father's Day message by category:

  • Best Father's Day Messages
  • Funny Father's Day Messages
  • Meaningful Father's Day Messages
  • Happy Father's Day in Heaven Messages
  • Father's Day Messages from Daughters
  • Father's Day Messages from Sons
  • Father's Day Messages from Spouse
  • Father's Day Messages for Your Stepdad
  • Father's Day Messages for Your Grandfather
  • Father's Day Messages for a First-Time Dad
  • Father's Day Messages for Your Father-in-Law
Father's Day card with a dad dinosaur

Father's Day Dino Greeting Card designed and sold by Sophie Corrigan

Best Father's Day Messages

Here's a handful of the sweetest Father's Day messages, perfect for letting dad know how much you appreciate him. If he's a dog dad, pair these messages with a great gift for dog lovers.

  1. No matter how tall I get, I will always look up to you. Thanks for being the best dad around. Love you!
  2. Happy Father's Day to the man who gave me the greatest gifts: life, your time, and your love.
  3. Everyone says they have the best dad, but they're lying because I totally do. Happy Father's Day, Dad!
  4. Every day should be Father's Day because one day isn't enough to celebrate all the great things you've done for me.
  5. Thanks for being the best role model a kid could ask for. I don't know who I'd be without you! Happy Father's Day!
  6. I know I didn't make being my dad an easy job, but I can't thank you enough for sticking with me. It's the greatest gift you could ever give me and I'm so grateful.
  7. The older I get, the more I understand how hard being a dad is. Enjoy your day today because you deserve it and more.
  8. I may be too old for piggyback rides, but I'll never be too old to be your kid. Thanks for all the love, and enjoy your day. I love you!
  9. I may not have always appreciated you as a kid, but I realize more and more every day how lucky I am to have you as a dad. Happy Father's Day.
  10. There's no one I'd rather have in my corner, Pops. Thanks for all the sacrifices you made to put us first. Enjoy your day!
Travel mug with a man with a dad bod

World's Greatest Dad Bob Travel Mug designed and sold by louros

Funny Father's Day Messages

There's a reason why there's a whole sub-genre of humor called dad jokes. So tickle dad's funny bone this year with some good-natured humor and a punny plant gift to brighten up his office.

  1. Happy Father's Day, Dad. You deserve it after all the gray hairs I've given you!
  2. Enjoy the only day you can "rest your eyes" in front of the TV without anyone judging you! You deserve it.
  3. I know evidence may say otherwise, but I love you more than my cell phone. Happy Father's Day!
  4. Happy Father's Day from your favorite kid. (Don't worry, your secret is safe with me!)
  5. Happy Father's Day to the dad with a never-ending amount of patience. Sorry for testing it so much.
  6. Happy Father's Day to the greatest dad on the planet. I would know — I turned out pretty perfect thanks to you!
  7. Happy Father's Day to the man who always told me yes when Mom said no.
  8. I don't know how you put up with me this long, but I'm so grateful you have. Enjoy your day because you deserve it!
  9. Happy Father's Day! If you need an excuse to sneak out to play some golf, I have some distractions prepared. Just let me know!
  10. Happy Father's Day to the world's greatest dad from the world's greatest kid.
Black hat with a dad joke warning

Warning: Subject to Spontaneous Outbursts of Dad Jokes Cap designed and sold by Rob Price

Meaningful Father's Day Messages

Melt Dad's heart with one of these meaningful Father's Day messages and the perfect dad hat.

  1. I couldn't have asked for a better inspiration and supporter than you. All of my success in life is because of you.
  2. I know you made so many sacrifices to be my father and role model, and I appreciate each and every one of them. I'm the luckiest person in the world to have you in my life.
  3. I won the dad lottery the day I was born, and I'll never stop being grateful.
  4. I know raising me wasn't easy (remember the time I [insert shenanigan]?), but thank you for sticking with me. Have a great day today; you earned it!
  5. You gave me the gift of a happy childhood, and I'll spend the rest of my life trying to repay you for that.
  6. The most important message you taught me was to be myself. Without that lesson, I don't know who I'd be today.
  7. You've done a lot in your life, Dad, but to me, your greatest accomplishment will always be giving me a happy childhood. I hope you enjoy your day to the fullest today.
  8. The older I get, the better I understand how having a wonderful dad like you is rare. Thank you for being you.
  9. Everyone out there has a father, but only I have you, and that's a miracle I will always be grateful for.
  10. You were always there to catch me before I knew I even needed it. I don't know how you did it, but thank you.
Black coffee mug that says "Go ask your mother"

Go Ask Your Mother Mug designed and sold by Yipptee Shirts

Happy Father's Day in Heaven Messages

Father's Day can be an especially challenging holiday if your dad has passed away. Post your favorite photo on social media with one of these captions to let everyone know you're thinking about him, or leave a note and some flowers at his gravestone.

  1. My dad was my first love, and I miss him more than words can say today. Happy Father's Day in Heaven from your princess.
  2. Father's Day is hard without you, but I know you're with us today, Daddy.
  3. You are the best man I never knew, and I'm missing you today. I know you're with me, but it's not the same.
  4. Happy Father's Day in Heaven, Dad. You're always in my heart.
  5. Thanks for all your love, Dad. I know you're still sending it from Heaven today.
  6. I will always carry your love in my heart, Dad. Happy Father's Day.
  7. I look forward to celebrating Father's Day in Heaven with you one day. It isn't the same without you here.
  8. Father's Day isn't the same without you, Dad, but I know you're with me in spirit. Sending you a prayer of love today.
  9. Sending you hugs and kisses today, Daddy. You'll always be my dad.
  10. It feels strange to celebrate Father's Day with our regular phone call, Dad. I hope you've found peace and are celebrating today with Grandpa.
Black t-shirt with a mummy saying respect your elders

Respect Your Elders Graphic T-Shirt designed and sold by Steven Rhodes

Father's Day Messages from Daughters

Fathers and daughters have a special relationship that sets the foundation for all her future relationships. Father's Day is the perfect time to let him know how much he means to you.

  1. It doesn't matter how old I am — I'll always be your little girl. Happy Father's Day!
  2. There's no one I'd want to be in my corner now than you, Daddy. Thanks for always having my back, even when I didn't deserve it.
  3. I'm sorry I pretended you embarrassed me in middle school. I just didn't want anyone else to know how awesome my dad was. The truth is, I'm so proud you're my dad, and I love you more than I can say.
  4. Thanks for killing all the spiders, playing endless games of dress-up, not threatening my boyfriends in front of me, and always checking under my bed for monsters.
  5. Every princess needs a hero, and you've been mine since the beginning.
  6. Happy Father's Day to the man who is always my first call when I need help or advice.
  7. I know I caused you a lot of heartache over the years, and I'm probably responsible for a lot of your gray hair, but thanks for never giving up on me.
  8. Whenever I fell down, literally or figuratively, you were there to pick me up and get me back on my feet. I wouldn't be here without you!
  9. Dad, I forgive you for never getting me that pony I asked for when I was five. Just wanted to let you know that you've given me so much more, and I love you for it.
  10. I may not have always understood or appreciated what you've done for me, but I know you did it with love.
Onesie with an airplane with a bird flying under it

Like Father, Like Son Baby One-Piece designed and sold by obinsun

Father's Day Messages from Sons

Fathers and sons don't always talk about their feelings,  but they should. These messages can help get you started this year, along with the perfect grilling accessory if he's a foodie.

  1. Thanks for being such a great role model for what it means to be a man. I wouldn't be who I am today without your example.
  2. Whenever I don't know what to do as a dad, I think of what you did for me. That strategy has yet to steer me wrong. Thanks for being the best
  3. As a kid, I wanted to be a superhero like Superman and Batman, but now I know you are the real superhero in my life.
  4. Over the years, you've taught me what it means to be a man, how to grill a mean burger, how to ride a bike and throw a ball, and how to be a great husband and father. I couldn't ask for anything more.
  5. Somewhere along the way, you became more than my father — you became my friend. I don't know what I'd do without you, Dad.
  6. If I'm half the man you are, I'll consider myself lucky. Happy Father's Day to the greatest guy I know.
  7. Whenever something goes wrong, your voice is always the first thing I hear. It's usually a swear word you didn't know I heard you say, but then it's one of the pearls of wisdom you've given me over the years.
  8. You inspired me to chase after my dreams, and for that, I will be eternally grateful. I couldn't ask for a better dad.
  9. So many of my favorite childhood memories revolve around you. Thank you for making my childhood so special.
  10. I'm so proud to be your son, Dad. Thank you for making me who I am today.  Hope I've made you proud.
blue sweatshirt that says "Not old, retro"

Not Old, Retro Lightweight Sweatshirt designed and sold by Porky Roebuck

Father's Day Messages from Spouse

Perhaps better than anyone, you know how hard he works at being a good dad. This Father's Day, tell him how much you appreciate him being at your side.

  1. I thought I loved you as much as I could when we got married, but I love you more now that you've stepped into the role of father.
  2. Happy Father's Day to the only person I'd want to be the father of my children.
  3. Watching you become a father has warmed my heart. There's no one I'd rather be on this journey with than you.
  4. Watching you play with our children warms my heart more than you can ever imagine. Happy Father's Day. You deserve all the love!
  5. I'm so lucky to have you as a husband, and our kids are so lucky to have you as a father. Happy Father's Day!
  6. Every day you show me I made the right choice saying "I do" all those years ago. Thank you for loving us.
  7. Happy Father's Day to the man whose dad jokes are legendary. Thanks for keeping us laughing!
  8. I always knew you'd be a great dad, but you've shattered my expectations. Parenting with you is the highlight of my life.
  9. Thank you for passing on your best qualities to our children and being the role model they need. I love you!
iPhone case with beer steins

Beer Mug Grey iPhone Case designed and sold by littlearrow

Father's Day Messages for Your Stepdad

It's hard to be a stepdad with all the complicated relationship dynamics involved. Let your stepdad know he's doing a good job with a short message like one of these.

  1. When you first came into my life, I wasn't sure I'd ever accept you, but now I can't imagine my life without you.
  2. Thanks for stepping up and being my stepdad. I know I didn't make it easy for you, but I am glad to have you in my life.
  3. You might not be my father, but you'll always be my dad.
  4. Biology may say you aren't my father, but my heart says you're my dad.
  5. You've always made me feel like I was your own kid, and I'm so grateful.
  6. I may not always say it, but I'm so glad you're my stepfather. Thank you for being a part of my life!
  7. I couldn't have asked for a better stepfather than you. I'm so glad you met Mom.
  8. Happy Father's Day to the man who stepped up to complete our family.
  9. I'm so lucky my mom has such great taste to find me such an awesome stepfather.
  10. You'll always have my love for agreeing to be my dad. Happy Father's Day!
postcard that says "I love you more than using my phone at the dinner table"

I Love You More Than Using My Phone at the Dinner Table Postcard designed and sold by Marla Perelmuter

Father's Day Messages for Your Grandfather

It's right there in the title: grandfathers are grand! Give grandpa some love this Father's Day.

  1. Thanks for always being there with a story and joke. You're the best grandpa there is!
  2. Being the head of this family can't be easy, but you do it with style. Happy Father's Day, Grandpa!
  3. Thanks for raising my [mom/dad]. I know they gave you those gray hairs, but I wouldn't be here if you hadn't done such a great job.
  4. I will always cherish our [activity]. Thanks for always being there when I need you, Grandpa!
  5. I don't know how you survived without Google and a cell phone, but I'm glad you did! Love you, Grandpa!
  6. I know we don't get to see each other often, but I know you're always just a phone call away! Have a wonderful Father's Day, Grandpa.
  7. Grandpas are a treasure-trove of great advice. Thanks for always having my back and buying me ice cream when I need it!
  8. Having you as a dad was the best, and I'm so glad now my kids promoted you to "grand"father because you really are. Enjoy your day today!
  9. [Mom/Dad] always told us you were the best dad, but only I know how great you are as a grandfather! Thanks for always supporting me and letting me have extra dessert!
  10. None of us would be here without you, Grandpa, so I hope you know we love and appreciate you. Have a wonderful Father's Day!
Mousepad with a man cutting his slacks

Cut Me Some Slacks Mouse Pad designed and sold by obinson

Father's Day Messages for a First-Time Dad

It can be hard to feel the love as a first-time dad since most of the attention is focused on the mom at the baby shower. Cheer him on and complement his new dad skills with these messages.

  1. Happy (almost) Father's Day!
  2. Congratulations on your first Father's Day! You should probably start clearing some space in your closet for all the ties you'll get over the next 18 years.
  3. Happy first Father's Day! I can't wait to see you step into the role of being a father. I know you're going to crush it!
  4. Your baby may not be here yet, but that doesn't mean you can't celebrate being a father! Do something to celebrate today while you still have the energy.
  5. Congratulations on your promotion to dad. It's the best and most important job you'll ever have.
  6. I know you're stuck in the haze of sleep deprivation, but I hope you can get some rest today. Happy first Father's Day!
  7. Happy first ever Father's Day! I hope you are surviving the wonderful adventure that is being a father.
  8. You may be a rookie, but you're putting up all-star Dad numbers. Have a great Father's Day!
  9. Your happy baby shows me you're doing a wonderful job at the "dad" thing. Keep it up!
  10. There's no one I'd rather be changing diapers with than you. You are an amazing father, and I'm so honored to be at your side on this journey.
water bottle with a screwdriver sticker that says "Screw this"

Screw This Sticker designed and sold by Sam Spencer

Father's Day Messages for Your Father-in-Law

Whether you've known him for years or just joined the family, let your father-in-law know how much you appreciate him for raising your spouse.

  1. Thanks for teaching my husband everything he knows, including how to be a good husband.
  2. You showed my wife what it means to be a good father and husband, and I'm doing everything I can to live up to the standard you set. Happy Father's Day!
  3. I'm so grateful I got to marry your [son/daughter], but I'm also so lucky to have gained a new dad. I appreciate all you've done for us!
  4. You raised the person I love most in this world, and I couldn't be more grateful to you. Happy Father's Day!
  5. I'm so lucky to have you as a father-in-law. Thanks for welcoming me into the family!
  6. I couldn't have asked for a better grandfather for our children. Thank you for loving them and me.
Duffle bag with bacon pattern

Bacon Pattern Duffle Bag designed and sold by Kelly Gilleran

Whatever you do this Father's Day, remember it's all about dad. If he wants to celebrate by kicking back and watching the ball game, then grab a cold one and join him. If he wants to grill up some of his famous barbecue chicken, let him!

No matter how you let Dad know you're thinking of him, he'll appreciate it. Check out our list of Gifts for Coffee Lovers or Gifts for Book Lovers for more great gift ideas for Dad.

Don't forget Mom! Our Mother's Day Messages are great inspiration for any special message for Mom.

Featured Image: Rad Dad designed and sold by heatherlandis